Friday, June 3, 2011

#2 Education in our society

When I look at educatioat n for our society I see it lacking in what our children need. There are so many budget cuts and we are expected to perform miracles with nothing. If we want our children to have a chance in life to move ahead and be something we need to invest in them. We need to put more money into education and spend less on the other programs. If our country spent half the money in improving our own people that they spend on other countries our children would meet those test expectations and there would be less children  and hungry. Tax the wealthy more and the poor less.  In teaching the pay is low and the politics are high. I love all the children I work with not just the good. I see potential in eveyone of them even the special needs. I want to be the teacher that the student remembers when they graduate college. Every student has the ability to be great and succeed. As an educator its my job to help show them what they can achieve and be the role model.  I dont see the difference in cultures as a problem but as anoppertunity to move ahead. I as an educator will do whatever it will take to help my students. I will work in the gray area of whats acceptable if it helps my students. They are what is important, not  what some person who has never been in a classroom thinks.  Maybe Iam a lot like Esme in the book Educating Esme.

2 comments:

  1. "I will work in the gray area of whats acceptable if it helps my students. They are what is important, not what some person who has never been in a classroom thinks."

    You have some strong beliefs in the power of education! I love your passion for reaching students. Define the "gray area" you mentioned above - is this choice of subject matter, teaching style, boundaries, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely have similar views in this area. Too much money being sent overseas while our children suffer in poverty. We have plenty of money to rescue Citi Bank yet we are taking money away from schools across the country. I can see how anyone would want to relate to Esme when dealing with a principal like that!

    ReplyDelete