Monday, August 1, 2011

Philog 10 Theory of Impact


My reason for teaching is to give children the tools with which to cultivate their own gardens of knowledge. To accomplish this goal, I will teach to the needs of each child so that all learners can feel capable and successful.  My constant goal as an educator is to ensure every student reaches his or her full academic potential and to educate, motivate and inspire students to value lifelong learning. My goal is also to create interest an excitement.  I want the students to come to class looking forward to being there.
As the role model I know that I must be as excited and enthusiastic to be there as I want my students to be. I also want to be the teacher that they remember later in life that encouraged and inspired their own greatness. I never had a teacher that cared about the students or would go out of their way to help them achieve a higher expectation. I want my students to know that they just need to believe in themselves and they can do anything.

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea that as teachers we can make a difference and inspire our students to be the best they can be...I like that you like that too :). It is daunting to think what an impact that might have on society in future years; what do you think? Creating a "garden of knowledge" (great metaphor)by receiving tools (lessons?) Quite possibly I am not understanding what you mean here. Tools involving self respect? actual "book" knowledge? character building? How does teaching impact your life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome to have that kind of impact on students. A couple of questions to consider: What kinds of students? What is their potential? What do you see yourself doing specifically to inspire greatness in your students?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helping students reach their full potential a great goal and as you know can be very difficult. But with your enthusiasm and energy I have no doubt you'll be able to reach your students. What types of differentiated instruction do you plan on implementing in your class room?

    ReplyDelete